September, 13-14, 2019, Main Squares and streets of Nizhny Novgorod
- The last festival of street theaters which was held in Nizhny Novgorod dates 2016. Now it’s time to revive the tradition of holding festivals and take it to the next, more massive level. This event will be organized in Nizhny Novgorod in September 2019. The main goal of the festival is to unit people, show that we are equal and live together regardless of age, sex or race. We want to demonstrate that disable actors and actresses are able to become leaders in society.
- Street theatre is a special art. Open space on a street, square, park or embankment provides freedom for stage, decorative and plot filling. The streets are livened due to theatre activity and people become a part of a performance. Also, an ordinary show in a theatre building attracts a limited amount of people, meanwhile a street performance can gather an infinity number of spectators.
- During a street performance not only a stage space livens but whole city. It becomes attractive and charming and for it’s residents and for an enormous crowd of tourists.
- The festival of street theaters is a unique opportunity for all parties to declare itself, become a part of a unique theatre performance and get a huge esthetic pleasure. Each person by itself is a treasure. We will be more tolerant and children and adults with any health disabilities will be able to find a way for quick adaptation in society. The works of inclusive theatre collectives and social creative market will be represented in the program.
- Nizhny Novgorod is the capital of Privolgsky Federal District. After the Football Championship this city has acquired a special significance. It became OPEN in all meaning of this word. New attractive places for resting and walking have been opened. However, the main transformation has occurred in the heads of Nizhny Novgorod residents. They became more open on a mental level and more ready to be active and take part in bright city’s life.
Please include discription of your group, performance, tecnical rider and short video.